Inner Rhythm Academy
Online Mindfulness Platform
Munchkins in RhythmOnline platform for children Aged 4 to 7
Pre-K to Grade 2 (Daycare & Elementary Schools) View Course
Kids in RhythmOnline platform for children Aged 8 to 12
Grade 3 to 7 (Elementary & Middle schools) View Course
Adolescences in RhythmOnline platform for children Aged 13 to 18
Grade 8 to 13 (Middle & High Schools) View Course
Professional DevelopmentMindfulness Fundamentals Course for staff Coming Soon
Parents in RhythmMindfulness Fundamentals Course for parents Coming Soon
Mindful Children are Healthy!
Mindful Children are Creative!
Mindful Children are Happy!
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is a particular way of paying attention with a positive mind. It is the mental process of purposefully bringing positive awareness to one’s moment to moment experience.
Mindfulness can be applied to sensory experience, thoughts, and emotions by using sustained attention and noticing our experience without reacting. Mindfulness changes impulsive reactions to thoughtful responses.
Mindfulness enables new, wiser responses that improve attention, learning, emotional regulation, empathy, and conflict resolution.
Mindfulness, introduced into medicine thirty years ago has become a successful mainstream influence
The way in which we parent is crucial as it determines:
the heart, soul and consciousness of our youth
their experience of meaning and connection
their imperative life skills
their deepest feelings about themselves, and their place in the world
Why It Matters
Did you know…
- External factors reflect only 10% of children’s long term happiness . 90% of children’s long term happiness is predicted by the way our brains process the world.
- With a positive mind in the present moment, a child’s brain is 31% more productive and works more harder, faster and intelligently than a child’s brain in a negative state.
- Dopamine floods into the body when a child is in a positive state and has two functions. Not only does it make a child happier, it turns on all the learning centers in the child’s brain allowing him/her to adapt to the world in a different way.
- Mindfulness provides children with the same skills and techniques that the world’s top leaders, athletes, speakers, physicians, entrepreneurs and musicians use to perform at their best.
- 50% of young children with disruptive behaviours leads to bullying in later school years.
Preparing children for life success takes love, hard work and endless patience. It also requires a broad, balanced education that combines academic, social and emotional growth. The research is clear.
Mindfulness provides children with the same skills and techniques that the world’s top leaders, athletes, speakers, physicians, entrepreneurs and musicians use to perform at their best.
Mindfulness at McGillInner Rhythm recently did a mindfulness workshop to help university students reduce stress at McGill University.
The program was a great success!
Contact us if you would like to bring a mindfulness workshop to your university.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
English Montreal School Board
says Mindfullness MattersCheck out the recent press release the English Montreal School Board made about Rekha Magon and Inner Rhythm’s mindfulness program: