Today’s Problem (The Facts)
- In Canada, more children have a learning disability than all other types of disabilities combined.
- Between 5% to 12% of school age children world wide suffer from ADHD which impairs daily functioning.
- 50% of young children with disruptive behaviours leads to bullying in later school years.
- More than 15% of preschoolers have significant levels of depression in Canada.
Did you know…
- External factors reflect only 10% of children’s long term happiness . 90% of children’s long term happiness is predicted by the way our brains process the world.
- With a positive mind in the present moment, a child’s brain is 31% more productive and works more harder, faster and intelligently than a child’s brain in a negative state.
- Dopamine floods into the body when a child is in a positive state and has two functions. Not only does it make a child happier, it turns on all the learning centers in the child’s brain allowing him/her to adapt to the world in a different way.
- Mindfulness provides children with the same skills and techniques that the world’s top leaders, athletes, speakers, physicians, entrepreneurs and musicians use to perform at their best.
Preparing children for life success takes love, hard work and endless patience. It also requires a broad, balanced education that combines academic, social and emotional growth. The research is clear. Children perform better academically, athletically and socially when they learn to manage their emotions, establish positive relationships, develop care and concern for others, make responsible decisions and constructively handle challenging situations. Mindfulness enables children to optimize their creativity, performance, positive interactions and develop strong coping skills by cultivating social and emotional growth.